Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tweet Tweet


For a few days last week Jason had been saying that he thought we had a mouse in our walls. I told him he was imagining it, mostly because I was hoping he was. Then friday afternoon I was playing with David in the living room and I could definately hear something running around in the cealing and scratching at the vents trying to get out. GROSS! So I went down to the office to tell them we had a mouse problem, came back, and Davie and I started eating lunch. I heard our little mistery visitor run to the kitchen ceiling vent to try to escape. I could see the little claws poking out of the vent. Then something else started coming out, a beak! I have to admit that although having a bird stuck in our walls is still unsettling, I was very glad it wasn't a mouse/rat. Soon the bird fell down the shaft and into the bottom vent and was now going crazy. (You can see the feathers sticking out in the pic.) David was pointing to the vent saying uh-oh, Uh-Oh, UH-OH! Long story short, Dave was afraid to go into the kitchen and we had to wait almost an hour for the maintenance guys to come help me get the bird out. The next day David was still a bit skiddish by the vent and would point and say "tweet tweet". The real mistery is how the bird got in the vent in the first place!

3 comments:

Steve and Allison said...

that is crazy but funny at the same time!! lol!

natalie palmer said...

EW! Between having a bird stuck in the vent and your visiting teaching partner forgetting the appointment, you've had quite the week.

RAPN! said...

that's crazy! poor litle bird. i think i'd prefer the bird over a mouse though!