Sunday, February 28, 2010

the Gala


So, I keep opening this blog hoping that it will have magically been updated. It never is. I guess it's about time I did it myself. Jason and I went on a REAL date! Yeah for the DMU Gala! Jason calls it the medical school prom. Its a set day, time, place, all we have to do is show up... hense us actually going out. This year though I decided to make a dress, which added a bit more stress. Luckily I finished at 4 that afternoon.. still time to eat dinner, get ready and go. We had a great time. (thanks to Ty and Jaime for babysitting). There was music (of sorts), dancing (why some people think it is okay to dance with a full glass/bottle of alcohol in hand is beyond me), and food (which I think is Jason's favorite part). He tries to be adventurous and try all the strange cheese. Goat cheese is still bad. I'm a little less brave and stick to things WITHOUT mold on them. (you can call it 'aged' all you want, its moldy). Anyway, we had a great time!

8 comments:

S Semon said...

You look FANTASTIC! That sounds like a lot of fun...also nice to have good babysitters who live close!

jess said...

Oh my goodness you guys are so cute! Beautiful dress, Em. You guys look great and I'm glad you're doing so well!

Melodee said...

Great job on the dress. Mold is still mold no matter how much they want to charge:)

Ashley Webb said...

You made that dress!?! I was going to ask you where you bought it cause I love it!! (You guys were so cute dancing at the gala, by the way!) You need to teach me how to sew - you are seriously incredible.

Ashley Webb said...

And yes, mold does not belong in your mouth. EVER.

RAPN! said...

Cute dress! Great job. Robb and I finally went on a date for the first time since our anniversary in August last week. Yikes! Something we definately need to work on. Glad you had a good time! :)

Steve and Allison said...

howfun!!! i wish they did that here! they do but you have to go and be around single people! lolmiss you lots!

The Phillips said...

your dress is so beautiful!!!! I'm a little jelous that you got to go to a fun Gala. I would love to go with steve to something like that, but things like that cost a lot of money here!It's so good to hear from you and to know that all is going okay!