Wednesday, February 3, 2010

projects

So, I always feel like I am working on a million projects, but have nothing to show for it. (which is really annoying when I want to do the project again, but can't remember how I did it). Lately I've been trying to take pictures as I finish. Here are some I've done in the last few months....

These are scripture bags Shalie and I made for the young women in our ward. I thought they turned out really cute and now want one for myself... of course it will probably be froever before that happens... way down on the list.

These are wall hangings I painted for Danna for her little girls room. (it was fun to do a cute girl project since I have a boy). I can't take credit for the design though, she had a photo of what she wanted and I mostly copied it. The best part about this was that she took family pictures for us in return. Yeah!!! Anyone else want a sweet trade? :)
So I have to admit that I am slightly addicted to refinishing old furniture. It always comes out so rewarding in the end. This one was by far the MOST WORK! But, it payed off. I spent a good part of this fall sanding and sanding and sanding and finally refinishing this old dresser we inherited from my parents. I stained it to match Davids bed so they look like a 'set'. I bought new hardware too and I LOVE how it turned out. No pre-project picture to compare it to of course.





4 comments:

RAPN! said...

Great job!! I wish I had more time to be crafty. I love those scripture bags. Too bad we don't live closer to you! I would totally do a swap of some kind!

Ashley Webb said...

You are amazing. Love it all. :)

Unknown said...

super cute! You should come decorate my house. ;o) what is your e-mail address so I can discuss the details of a roommie reunion with you!! e=mail me at elikerc@yahoo.com

The Phillips said...

You are AMAZING!!!!! You are still very talented and crafty! I hope all is going good for you guys!